Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Installment #1: Music

Yesterday I purchased some music, which is one of my great joys (both the music itself and the procurement thereof). My choices are pretty indicative of my broad musical tastes: old country crooner, Eddy Arnold; country music legend, Hank Williams; punk pioneers, Wire; and, the new album from indie popsters, the French Kicks.

I'm trying to beef up my collections of old country & western (1940s-1960s) and punk classics (1970s). The country stuff reminds me of my mom's parents, and just has such great melodies and harmonies. The punk stuff I totally missed out on as a young man, so I'm trying to catch up.

My 30Gb iPod is now over half full (notice I didn't say "less than half empty" - because I'm an optimist).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home